Application - Student Visa

Text Area


The Hong Kong Immigration Department requires all non-local students to obtain a student visa in order to study in Hong Kong. In general, if you do not possess the right of abode or the right to land in Hong Kong, or hold a dependent’s visa, you will need a student visa.

After you receive HKUST’s confirmation of your exchange placement, you will receive information to assist you with the student visa application process. You should send your application to HKUST, as HKUST will submit your student visa application to the Hong Kong Immigration Department on your behalf. When your visa is approved and issued, HKUST will collect it and courier it to you.

You should provide a mailing address for receiving your student visa on MyStudyAbroad system. To ensure that the student visa gets to you in good time, please always inform HKUST of any changes to the mailing address.